Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A Normal Day

I got a question on facebook about what a normal day for me is like and thought that would be a good blog.

A normal day in village*:
7:30-8... wake up, maybe read some
8:00-9:00... untuck the mosquito net and get out of bed, then get ready for the day
about 9... go out into my compound, take the bowls from my dinner out to the kitchens
after that... help out with something around the compound or just hang out (maybe process some palm fruit, maybe sit around and talk to some kids, maybe sweep my house- just depends)
after that... usually go to another place to hang out for a while or do some work. Could be the school, forestry camp, another compound, agriculture camp, etc.
1:45... if I'm going to go home for lunch I need to be home by now.  We eat lunch between now and 2:30.
after lunch... I hang stay in my house for about an hour taking care of business
3:30-5:00... hang out with people around the village.  Lots of times we crack peanuts.
5:00-7:30... this is a big work time of the day.  I go to the garden every day to water my tomotoes and help out with watering.  Sometimes I do other things like go to the salt flat, go out to gather fire wood, etc.
7:30... take a bath. Take comfort everyone- my family here makes me bathe every day.  It's rediculous!
8:00... either help cook or spend time with my family
9:00... eat dinner
9:30... go out and spend more time with my family
after that... go in my house and read, write letters, get ready for bed, etc.
I'm asleep by midnight.

*All times are extremely approximate

No comments:

Post a Comment