Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Made in China

One of the most consistently entertaining things in The Gambia is the lack  of editing on products, papers, signs, etc.  The products are possibly the most entertaining and not Gambia's fault. If you thought that everything in America was made in China, the percentage can't even compare with here. I guess Chinese companies figure that if a significant portion of the West African population is illiterate, they can put their least literate staff in the copy room to write for products bound for West Africa.

Here is a brief introduction to my collection of entertaining examples of complete lack of editing.  Two things I have bought lately:


 I needed a pair of sandals while I was in Senegal and couldn't pass up this badly edited pair.  The picture above and below came from the same shoe.  Note: In the above picture, China takes credit for their workmanship.




Got some hangers for my work-wear.  I wouldn't have thought that hangers needed a cautionary note, but how else would they have fit this many English mistakes onto the package?

No comments:

Post a Comment