Thursday, January 28, 2010

Pictures

I uploaded a bunch of pictures for you guys.  This should pretty much catch you up on what I've taken pics of so far.  It spans from Christmas till about now.  I should be headed to Salliyaa this weekend, so this may be the last post for a month or so.  Enjoy!


A picture of the view for hours on our Christmas Eve hike


Our group at some point in our being lost


At the beginning of our Christmas "cruise"


Note the water being dumped over the side of the boat- that's the deckhand bailing out the water we were taking on


Wildlife along the river


Our drivers loading up the cars to drop us off on our site visit.  The driver on top of the back car has on a Santa hat- Merry Christmas!


This is the back of my yard at my house.  The dry palm fronds at the bottom are my fence and the trees you can see are a mango tree and an amazing silk cotton that are growing together.  I've got a great place.


This is another view from my backyard


Some of us outside of the training center


The view from the front porch of the stodge/ transit house


One of the cars ready to head upcountry to drop people at their permanent sites


Another view of the same car- it was definately the most impressively loaded down


While I've been in the city, I've hung out with a couple that moved to The Gambia about the same time I did and one of their visiting friends.  This is from when we went on a hike at a national park right outside of the city.  It was really nice and there were a bunch of monkeys.


Jennifer, me and a monkey

4 comments:

  1. yay for pictures! It's really pretty out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm... why do you have one sock on and one sock off in one of the pictures?! Just askin :) I was a little worried at first that your one foot with the sock was actually wrapped up in a bandage. Thanks for the pictures!! Lots of love and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good catch Leia. It actually is a bandage in the picture with the "sock." I had a cut on my foot that got infected and I had to wear the bandage for a couple weeks to keep it clean and protected. After a course of antibiotics and some tlc from the Peace Corps nurse all is well now and I am bandage-free.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH!! Well I wish that it hadn't really been a bandage, but I'm glad you have some steller nurses to take care of you :)

    ReplyDelete